IVSA Romania, Iasi
Iasi is the most important political, economic and cultural centre of the province of Moldavia as well as one of the oldest cities in Romania. Located in the northeastern part of the country, Iasi was for many centuries the crossing point of the most important commercial routes linking Poland, Hungary, Russia and Constantinople. Deeply rooted in history, Iasi has been the main centre of Moldavian culture since 1408. The city prides itself with publishing the first Romanian newspaper and establishing the first Romanian university. Today, Iasi is home to five universities. Over the past 500 years, history, culture and religious life have molded the city's unique character. Iasi boasts an impressive number of Orthodox churches, almost 100, most of them located in the so-called Golden Plateau (Platoul de Aur). The oldest, the Princely Saint Nicholas Church, dates from the reign of Stephen the Great (Stefan cel Mare, 1457-1504). The Golden Plateau represents the nucleus of the city, around which the entire settlement developed over the centuries. With the Palace of Culture at one end and theUnion Square (Piata Unirii) at the other, the Golden Plateau features churches and princely palaces on both sides of Stefan cel Mare si Sfant Boulevard, which runs right through its centre. Many other important sites can be found on nearby streets.
- PRESIDENT: ADOMNICĂ OTTO Adelina
- VICE-PRESIDENT: COJOCARU Laura
- EXCHANGE OFFICER: ZOTA Vanda
- SECRETARY: DONISA Roxana
- TREASURER: CUCU Delia
Over the years IVSA Iasi has organized many exchagens with the following chapters:
- 2019-2020- IVSA Elazig, Turkey
- 2018-2019- IVSA Alfort, France
- 2017-2018- IVSA Samsun, Turkey
- 2016-2017- IVSA Olsztyn, Polland, IVSA Timișoara, Romania
- 2015-2016- IVSA Bucharest, Romania
Every year we are organizing either an exchange of 10 students or 2 exchanges consisting of 5 students each. For group exchanges we are providing:
- .Romanian traditional food
- .City tour
- .University tour
- .Lectures and workshops
- .Public transport
- .Night activities
-Mountain trip (depends on the time of the year)
The University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Iaşi is a specialized institution of superior agronomic and veterinary medicine training, financed by the state and having as fundamental mission the training of agricultural, horticultural and animal sciences engineers, agricultural economists, engineers in food industry, biologists, as well as veterinary surgeons.
Our university is a serious academic partner, recognized by many European universities and institutions in the field of activity. We have 159 people as part of our teaching staff and research teams, who are teaching over 4200 students.
Our academic offer provides courses from domains of study of national and international applicability, high-quality training, scientific research performance, access to modern facilities and equipment and also opportunities to participate in study and practice European mobility programmes, which all serve to build successful careers for all our students.
U.A.S.V.M. Iaşi is a member of:
- - EUA(European University Association)
- - AUF(Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie)
- - ICA- Association for European Life Science Universities
- - CASEE(The European Consortium of Life Science Universities from Central and South Eastern Europe)
- - EAEVE(The European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education)
- - IAESTERomania (The International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience) - founding member
- -RIFEFF (Réseau International Francophone des Etablissements de Formation de Formateurs)
Official Email: firstname.lastname@example.org We also have a facebok page: []